Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

A soldier and a brother

The Army mindset carries much into my Christian walk it seems, and Jesus had some similar ideas.

2 Timothy 2:2-4 (New International Version)

2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. 3Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer.

Reliable men, who will be qualified. I believe reliable is the key word here. One aspect that has been hitting me for a long time has been the strength of what we say. Sometimes we make promises and just don't think about it when we break them. For the past year I've been striving to make every promise I make, no matter how small or big. For me that is my biggest pet-peve, when brothers and sisters make promises and just blow it off like its nothing. I am so blessed to have some amazing friends that I would trust my life to. But I also have people in my life that are following Christ that I would never turn to or lean on. It feels like with soldiers, you look out for your battle buddy and put their life before yours. Selfless service in the Army of the Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment