Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, February 1, 2010

You've got a friend in me

John 15:15 (New International Version)

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

I am so honored to be called God's friend. He truly is my best friend, heck He gave me life, He saved my life, and is letting me live true life. Who wouldn't want to hook up with Him? Sitting on the bus today I was just listening to a conversation by two guys who were talking about various subjects ranging from various women they've had sex with, to how generally they hated various people, and then about some girl in their phil 230 class that dared to talk about God and her views on Him. "How dare she bring religion into this, God I hate Christians."

Little anger burned inside of me, cause Christ is a RELATIONSHIP! I talk with God, I feel His presense and I honor Him. How dare he not let someone talk about a relationship? I find the "Don't talk about religion" comment just plain dumb. A relationship with God is not someone that is offensive, its only offensive cause atheists don't choose to have one, and that is unforunate and they are missing out but its a choice.

I will speak boldly cause its the best relationship in and out of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment