Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick

Two weeks now I've had this little bug in my lungs and it isn't super fun by any means. Sometimes I'll cough for minutes and a friend of mine even had to remind me to cover my mouth, I said to him I'm so sorry I just cough so much these days that I don't remember to cover sometimes.

Being sick however does give God a big window to teach me some cool stuff. In Matt Jesus said "What profits a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" The thing is I am learning that the soul is eternal and the world is temporal. All the things of the world are temporal. My body, my money, my education, my worldly life. Now my roommate and I both work out quite a bit. For a variety of reasons, but a big one is that we want to look good and be strong. I don't believe what David meant in 1 Kings 2:2 when he told Solomon to show himself a man was for him to lift weights all the time. Is there anything wrong with working out? No. However I find myself forgetting to think in an eternal light some of the times.

Fact- the death rate is 100%.
Fact- While man looks at the outside God looks at our hearts.
Fact- He is stronger, Christ is Risen, He has saved me.
Probable Fact- I doubt Jesus keeps a total gym around, we won't need that crap in Heaven!

Fact- We need to start living for the eternal, and not keep the focus on the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment