"Be careful what you ask for, it might just come true."
God has been just blowing my mind this past week with how amazing He is and just how powerful He can be. As a servant I am just amazed and taken back..
So on Wednesday I get this email from a Chinese friend of mine telling me that he had accepted Christ. This was someone I had met two years ago on a trip to China, a circumstance that could have only been put together by God. The craziness is that this person is an officer in the Chinese army. For someone in the government in China to accept Christ is simply amazing. The amount of taboo and blocking that the Chinese government does to hinder the Gospel is immense. It was just so amazing to see God work in that area.
Thursday I get an email on facebook from a friend that I met over the summer. He and I worked together for over three months and became very close. He helped me through tough times and I had confided in him with many deep and dark times. I guess you could say we were very tight, because we were. We had a bad falling out to the end of his stay. He has bi-polar disorder that was undiagnosed and he sometimes said and did things that were very out of character. After making an extremely inflamatory comment to me we got into a physical altercation in the parking lot. After this after numerous attempts to renconcile I was always given clear rejections. I have been hurting and but more importantly praying for my friend for the past month and a half. We prayed specifically that he would have good fellowship with a group of believers and that they would be able to disciple and help him. Turns out he has been having great fellowship with a small group of guys. His email appoligized to me and a few other people for his words and actions. He also extended a hope that we may become the friends we once were. The awnser to prayer just touched me heart. I was so overjoyed for him that he had started taking medication and more importantly started to have good fellowship and is back on track. Praise God!
The retreat I won't even try and comment on.. it was amazing.. despite the 3 am to 6 am sleeping times of some middle school boys..
No comments:
Post a Comment