"This is my prayer in the desert when everything within me feels dry. This is my prayer in my hunger and need my God is the God who PROVIDES."
Brooke Fraser of Hillsong United wrote this song for her churchbody. What many people don't know is that a few days before it was to be performed at service, she had a premature delivery of her baby boy, and at 26 weeks old he died a day after birth. Many told her to take some time for herself and delay the song, but she refused.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QemZQKKJbRU
Watch her face as she performs this song the first time before Hillsong Church. You can see pain in her eyes, but it is overshadowed by glory of the Lord. Her emotion erupts when she sings the chrous
"All of my life, in every season you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship."
I love how she delights in Jesus even when circumstances just stink. I look back to this week, and even though it was crappy with sickness, missing obligations, constant pain my body, and finding out that my spine is messed up. It would pale in comparison to losing a life that I carried inside me for months and months.
I love Philipians 4:4, simply "Rejoice, Rejoice! I'll say it again Rejoice!"
God I pray that I can be like Brooke and be able to find peace in Him.
Happy Easter mate !!
ReplyDelete