Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, March 22, 2010

One year older wow!

Turned the BIG 20 last week, okay its really not that big. I still have those cute baby cheeks, thanks Ben Hunt.

So I feel a little older, maybe thats because my lungs are messed up from whatever bug is floating around in there. But what has changed in a year!

Load this up with a lil scripturez..

Galatians 2:20 (New International Version)
20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I love how PERFECTLY this verse describes the change in the last year. Remembering last March I felt a ton of insecurity in faith, in myself, and my lack of idenity in Christ. Talking with friends made me feel like I'd just gotten off the Christian shortbus. Atonement, justificawhat?? Now scripture knowledge isn't as important as knowing God, but it does help us know God better and allows to teach others about God, which wow God has so graciously blessed me with!

Goin into summer I didn't know what to expect, workin at this camp. All I knew is that I needed Biblical Basics 101, 102, 201, 202 fast, stat! Being asked so many challenging life questions
by coworkers and even parents was the most humbling and growing experience ever! I had no choice but to dive deep in the Word because Lord knows my advice that comes from myself is cheap!

Different situations such as a friend hurting me badly, challenging experiences working in ministry, leading and being led, family struggles, personal struggles, and important life changing decisions all led to me and God hanging it super tight.

Ben Jen is so right, life is a series of important choices. Do not think of the choices we make as unimportant or there always be a chance to redo. Every moment is a second chance, but we are given a certain amount of choices, and we have to harness them!

2 comments:

  1. Sonny!! :))
    Happy Birthday mate ! :)
    Hope You still remember me :-)
    have a great day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michal I miss talking to you! Thanks for the birthday wishes bud, we need to talk more!

    ReplyDelete