Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day with God

Labor day 2011

Looking at a day where it is a day off from school, and work there was nothing else I wanted to do other than take a sabbath. God rested on the last day not because He was tired or needed a break but rather to set an example for His people. A day taken out of each week to connect with God, and find rest in Him. The daily hustle and bustle of life makes it hard to set aside a chunk of time to completely devote to God and therefore I am very thankful for this day.

I connect the best with the Father when I am actively doing something. Be it out biking, walking around campus, listening to worship music, or anything else I love being active while praying and listening to God. In total I biked around 40 miles today, hung out at a lake for five hours, and had some awesome conversations. Ended the day with biking out to Neveda and cooking for a family that I love dearly.

It was awesome getting to be challenged by Chan's book "Crazy Love". Very convicting what Jesus said to the church in Sardis in Rev 3:1- "You have the reputation of being alive but you really are dead."

The last thing I want in life is for myself to have a reputation of being fully in love with Jesus and yet in my heart be dead to Christ. As the busy year progresses into being closer and closer to graduation it is so easy to take my focus and passion off of Christ. God has designed us with the ability to have one passion and to be able to push forward fully in only one direction. Regardless of how busy this year gets, life will get, and how wonderful, exciting, confusing, tough, etc the future will be, my focus needs to be on the one eternal everlasting God.

Thank you Lord for a day I got to chill with you and just enjoy being loved by you. New week here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment