Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Steadfast

7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”- Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)

At noon I got together with Andrew Lee to share life and pray. God inspired a clear theme during our prayer time which was having full assurance that He is in control and to be submitted to Him. Reading the book "UnChristian" which describes one researcher's analysis and findings of American Christianity it broke down like this:

60-70% of America say they are Christian
15-25%- Have stated they have a personal relationship with Jesus
5-9%- Have a Biblical Worldview

I have been asking God lately what a Biblical Worldview looks like. My heart is careful not to be too narrow in it because God is not narrow but also I am careful not to ponder on an idea and not act on it. The last thing I wish to do is to pull a James 1:22.

Here is what I'm focusing on for my goal to be steadfast with God.

1.) Character- I desire my character (who I really am) to be an accurate reflection of Christ and what He has done in my life. Character is deeper than reputation because the latter is only who other people perceive you as, but character is who I am 24/7.

2.) My Words- I want my words to be careful and life changing. God needs to guard my mouth and inspire my mind.

3.) My joy- All of my joy I want to come from delighting in God, and not what He gives me as the primary.

4.) My life- I want to be steadfast and unwavering with the direction of my life and to pursue the one passion of serving God (Romans 12:1-2)

180 tonight! Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment