Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Life in Paradise?

In the past three days, I have spent a total of 6 hours at the pool. Swimming, reading, thinking, reflecting on this year. As I listen to music I am thinking.. the song "Lifesong" says " Let the things I say, Let the things I say, Let my life song sing to You!" I wonder how much time in the past few days I've wasted doing stuff on the computer, and watching TV. The best times in this time where I have almost zero responsibilities has been the time focused on God. I love how God has planted in us something that is not satisfied by this world. When I was heading to the Des Moines airport I was talking with Burdine, and we just talked about what some people think happiness is.

There was this guy I've been debating a bit on Facebook and he said to me " Unlike you I am enjoying lusting, having sex, and using drugs." Jason said to me, " Man we just don't get it. People have been lusting, having sex and doing drugs since the stone age, and how happy were they? How happy is the creator of Playboy? He doesn't look that happy. How happy are people who win the lottery a few weeks after the thrill is gone? These things aren't eternal."

I love how God has just reaffirming that in my life. I am only fully satisfied in Him. Not in pleasures, not in worldly things, not even in the closest of friends. I can see God blessing me with close friends, and I am eternally thankful but even those relationships don't fully satisfy me like Christ's love does. Isn't it funny, Hugh Hefner is surrounded by the world's 'beautiful' women. Yet he does not feel the same joy that a kid like me who worships the living God.

God I love You! I love You for music in this time. I thank You for your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment