What is love? Baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me.. no more..
Okay enough of that garbage...
Love is simple, love is complex, love is pure, love is caring, and love most importantly is Christ.
With my loads of free time I've been reading an old book that I bought a few years back called "Cut". The storyline is about this girl named Callie who cuts herself because of something that is going on in her life. The details are so vivid, one line that puts it clear in my mind goes " I dragged the scissor blades and blood came out in red ribbons, and then ballooned, and finally it burst. I felt a rush, then relief, and then exhaustion." As I read the first 30 pages, Callie showed almost no emotion, she was so hurt inside and her dad won't even come visit her. No one even knows why she is in the treatment hospital. Then a girl named Teresa found out about her cutting in group therapy. It was hard because Callie refused to talk, she won't even utter a word. Teresa said to her as they were going to bed " Callie it's okay if you don't want to talk, just don't hurt yourself, I care about you." The book described Callie's heart just breaking, and she wanted to cry so hard, tears came down hey eyes, but in order to cry she'd have to make a sound and she decided to hold it inside.
I love how Corinthians describe love: 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Callie's heart broke because Teresa came to her and said " Callie I care, and it's not for any reason than I care for you."
Its really sad how in so many areas of life we forget to love. Being rude and insensitive is more of a norm, and caring for someone makes us look weak and it is perceived as weird. When someone is doing poorly at a job, so many are like vultures, and they wonder why this person won't resign so that THEY can take his job. Why not ask them why they are struggling? Because that just be too non proud, non rude, and too non self seeking.
I intend to always love patiently, kindly, not for pride, not for self seeking glory, not be easily angered, and erase all records of wrongs. No amount of hurt done on me is eternal. Some might say you need to stop watching Barney, haha well I'm going to keep watching ;).
Praise God for words of wisdom! I love how He uses the hurt in the world and hurt that I see around me to teach me how to truly love!
No comments:
Post a Comment