Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Year in Review




I said to myself I would write this tomorrow.. but I hate waiting until tomorrow.

2008 has been a crazy year, more has happened in this one year of life than in many many years. I'll just put it in bullets since its easier.

1.) Faith- I would say this is the biggest thing. There's that slogan "Christianity is not just a religion it's a relationship." That statement is kind of an under statement. Christ is more than a relationship, it is life. As I grow in my faith and my relationship with God it has just been incredible. Being a true Christian is much more than a label, putting a stamp on a drivers license like your political party. I am so excited for what God will do next year, and how as Christ followers we will be involved in His plan.

2.) Friends- This year I have made more solid friends than any other time in my life. I am extremely blessed for great people in my life that are true blessings from Christ. People like Lance, Justin, Ben, Jordan, Jason, Michael, Andrew, and so many other solid people have really blessed my life, and challenge me everyday to be a even better person to glorify Christ. I love men who are passionate, strong on values, there for others, loving, and can shed a tear. I find that evident in most everyone I've met this year, and my only regret is not being able to have a deep relationship more people.

3.) Self- Ben Jensen said to me four weeks ago, " Look at yourself in a week, you should wonder who you were the week before and be able to laugh at who you were a week ago."

At the time I kind of laughed, I mean a week..? Give me a break no one changes like that, and some wonder if people can ever change. Well the answer is yes. Some adjectives for me at the start of the year: Arrogant, lost, proud, rude, broken, scared. Some adjectives for now: Excited, on fire for Christ, loving, deep, working on pride, working on occasional rudeness.

So it is incredible that a week after Ben said to me his statement, I was shocked how much different I was a week ago. That change comes directly from Christ.

I am so blessed that Christ has brought out my goodness, and that I don't have to act fake or put up some front. It is exciting to live without shame, worry, or regret.

4.) Future- I know I am living for Christ. That is certain and that is all the guaranty I need.

I praise God for this year, and pray that next year will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment