Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a weekend

Stan emailed some guys about a camping trip, and we were expecting exciting things, this was Stan after all and it is never dull with him. Little did we know we'd be killing our lunch. After various activities on Friday and Saturday morning, a 300 pound sow was released and we tracked, shot, and killed it. Meng ripped opened the thing's throat and Collin gutted that thing. Was a lot of fun, it was a lot like cleaning a fish, except it was way bigger, and it shook like crazy even after being shot square in the temple of the head with a .44.

Really a man weekend, I wish I had grown up doing this. Meat tastes better when you cut it off the animal yourself, and it is a great character builder. We live such boring and easy lives, getting up for 11 o clock classes suddenly become a challenge when we're in college, what a laugh.. That pig was dead and being dragged on a pick up by 11:20. This weekend of challenged me to seize the day. I hope to waste less time. I wish I could do this everyday, but I know God will send challenges my way for me to seize the day for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment