Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Your Will




Leadership interview is coming up in two days and many mixed and turbulant thoughts cloud my head. Laying here I kept singing the start of " I desire"


" I desire to do Your will my God. For Your great name, I long to love you my Lord."


How great is the Lord and am I going on a path that is desiring to His will? In connection group tomorrow we will be talking about the Nature of man, and that really gets me thinking. My nature is to lead, it is to do chase after how I think I will best serve in His kingdom. However is that His desire?


I am just super convicted by that phrase, "To do YOUR will" The last thing I want to do going into any kind of leadership is to do my will, because my will is worthless and petty. This is something that I pray the Lord will give me guidance. I will submit to His will, and if that means to not lead at all next year and to continue to grow in a connection group then that is awesome. God I desire to do YOUR will, above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment