Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dreams

Science has tried to explain a lot, we like the big bang, the chance of the Earth coming together like it is now and able to sustain human life is 1 x 10^50000. Wrap your mind around that for a second. You would be typing zeros until your fingers turned red before you typed that bad boy down, and then you know what you have to do? Divide one by it. Anyways random thought, just kinda ticked that so many people believe in this big bang garbage, be like me smashing my cell phone into pieces, putting it in a box and shaking it for a million years, maybe it'll magically regenerate into its original form.

So dreams are things that happen in REM sleep. Now what we can't explain is why we have vivid dreams, and where they come from. Psychologists believe we dream to re arrange our thoughts and better organize them. That is a cool thought but the kind of dreams I've been having haven't been helping me rearrange much.

My dream life in the past week has been me getting tortured, being beat up and my legs and arms just go numb and I'm unable to defend myself and I just get beat and I have to just watch. Watching kids being hurt and me being tied up and unable to do anything about it. I call these dreams spiritual because they come from something that is super natural. No where during my daily life do I think about getting beat up, or seeing children get tortured. I know these dreams come from Satan, and quite honestly I'm cool with that.

A couple of my friends have been having these dreams too, and we all have one thing in common, we're looking to really expand the Kingdom this summer. Some of us are working as counselors all summer at various camps, starting new ministries, and others are taking a leap overseas to lands were Christ has never been reached. I don't think Satan is too thrilled about us doing this. And I relish in that fact. I don't think Satan attacks too many people who are just chillin, I think Satan will give those people happy dreams. Yeah that guy who's just working 9-5, and watching some ESPN and drinking some whiskey on the porch. I think he'll be sleeping well tonight, and tomorrow he'll do the same thing again. Satan's like I'm cool with that, he's doing exactly what I want him to do, and in 30 years or so his soul will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment